Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Dryer Doesn't Lie

Caught ya! Actually, I'm not sure who I caught but I'm on the case and I fully intend to crack it wide open and sniff out the guilty party!



For the past few weeks I've been opening my dryer to find wads of candy wrappers in the door jamb and in the lint trap each time I go to dry kids clothes. This means someone's been eating copious amounts of unauthorized sweets. And since two of the three children left at home should be minding their carb counting, it feels a little more like finding something especially criminal.

Before bringing in the drug candy-sniffing dogs I'll try an easier method first.  Of course I know I could easily check the kid's pockets BEFORE putting them in the wash and that would pin point exactly who the culprit is. But the problem with that modus operandi is that I've gotten out of the habit of checking pockets ever since the great "Poison Oak Breakout" of '03.   I was so miserable that I vowed to have minimal contact with the laundry before it gets washed. So Im bound to forget to check the pockets first, I'm so out of practice.

My new tactic to sniff out the user? I'm gonna wash every kids laundry separately until I find out who's behind the "Great Carb Cover-up". Once I find the little addict, well, I'm not quite sure. But I bet I'll feel like an ace detective! You can't pull "Operation: Sneek Candy" into my house!

...I'm hoping it's Connor, in which case I'll ask him to bring me home some of the goods, especially if he's got chocolate. We can eat it together in the garage, then put all the wrappers in HIS pocket and hide the evidence!

No comments:

Post a Comment